by Jorge Gomez • 7 min read
After First Liberty launched our national effort to stop the radical overthrow of the judiciary, more than 60,000 American patriots and national allies stepped up together to defend the priceless heritage of America’s Supreme Court and judicial system, including:
- Edwin Meese, Former U.S. Attorney General
- Franklin Graham, President and CEO of Samaritan’s Purse & the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
- James Dobson
- Tony Perkins, President of Family Research Council
- David and Tim Barton of WallBuilders
- Star Parker, President of the Center for Urban Renewal and Education (CURE)
- American Family Association
- Promise Keepers
- Family Policy Alliance
- Americans United for Life
- American Association of Christian Schools
- Christian Employers Alliance
But even as a growing majority of Americans reject the Left’s court-packing plot, Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives are not getting the memo.
Recently, Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) and several of his colleagues introduced the District Court Judgeships Act of 2021, a bill creating 203 additional federal district court judgeships.
The text of the bill currently states these extra judicial seats would not take effect until 2025, but keep in mind that the effective date could be changed. And whether it goes into effect sooner or later, 200+ vacancies would give tremendous power to the majority party and whoever the President is.